MeDia IsSuEs & DeBaTeS..x

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

aUdiEnCe pRoFiLiNg..x

MaiN sTrEaMeRs:
mainly buy well recognised brands and consume mainstream texts...
I would most probably consider myself to be a 'mainstreamer' if I have to catergorise myself even though I think it's hard to just assume your typically just part of one group.
I feel that I'm a mainstreamer in my ways as I consume many mainstream products and texts, for example. I mainly shop for garments in shops such as River Island...I love consuming mainstream branded food such as Pepsi & Nando's and I consume mainstream texts such as 'Friends'

aSpiReRs:
seek to improve themselves...define themselves by high status brand names which they may consume...
I could partly refer to myself as an aspirer as if and when given the opportunity I do consume high status brand names - probably not more so as I can't afford it all the time.

SuCcEeDeRs:
feel secure & like they are in a position of power or control...
I don't think this is me at all as I'm obviously not in a position of power or control - who knows this may change over time.

rEfoRmeRs:
idealists whom consume eco-friendy products - environmentally friendly and generally healthy...
The only things that I perhaps do that would associate me with this group is the occasional shop at 'The Body Shop' and just general recycling.

iNdiVidUaLiSts:
highly media literate...
I don't think this is really me - I know I'm quite media literate but probably not enough...I still consume more mainstream stuff than anything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home